Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sore throat remedy




I usually eyeball everything.  I've been making this for a while now and it works wonders on a sore throat.
Add to a mug a good sized pinch of powdered cinnamon (or a half inch to an inch long piece of a cinnamon stick) a good dash of cayenne powder and enough vinegar (I usually use apple cider) to cover the bottom of the mug, about a centimeter.  Add to it 6 to 8 oz boiling water and let steep covered for 5-10 minutes.  You can add honey, which is also really good for a sore throat.  Sip while hot.

Sore throat remedy 2
Pour 8 to 10 oz boiling water over 1 to 2 slices of lemon, a few small chunks of ginger and some honey. Let steep covered 5 to 10 minutes.  Sip while hot.


I've been suffering from sinus drainage, something's probably pollinating.  Its not bad enough to warrant going to a clinic, just enough to make me feel crappy.  I've been trying to drink a lot of water too, hoping to flush out whatever is bothering me.

No comments:

Post a Comment